Last updated on: 30. September 2021
Using our Services
We seek to ensure that the information published is up-to-date and accurate. Answers given by users/experts to questions from other users/experts or any other information available on our website, do not constitute legal or professional advice from the ICCO. No warranty or guarantee of resolution of problems is expressed or implied with any information contained in the platform. Any information or advice is to be applied at the user's discretion. Any comment/message posted on the forums expresses only the views of the author of that message and does not necessarily reflect the views of the ICCO or the views of any other person on the forums.
Do not misuse our services. For example, do not interfere with our services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. We may suspend or stop providing our services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
We may include links to other websites. Such links are provided for navigational convenience and provide a link to websites that are not under the control of the ICCO. Whilst we check the links for suitability and initial availability, we cannot guarantee the availability or content of such sites, as they may change over time.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up to date. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not post any false personal information on our website or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission. You will not post any confidential or proprietary information. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on our website. You will not post content or take any action on our website that infringes or violates the rights of another individual or otherwise violates the law.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user. You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence. You will not use our website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not use your personal profile for commercial gain (such as promoting and/or selling products) and you will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on our website. You will not further your own personal or private commercial interests via our website. You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (promotion) on our website. When relevant, you will clearly state your affiliation with a third party/commercial entity and any conflicts of interest.
- When reporting or referencing a post on another site, you will provide a link to the original post or story.
- You will not use ICCO copyrights, or any confusingly similar trademarks, without the ICCO's written permission.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access our website, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of our website.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of the rules listed above.
- Failure to comply with the rules above will lead to the immediate termination of your account.
Your ICCO Website Account
You may need an account to use some of our services. You may create your own account, or your account may be assigned to you by an administrator, such as your employer or educational institution. If you are using an account assigned to you by an administrator, different or additional terms may apply, and your administrator may be able to access or disable your account.
To protect your account, keep your password confidential. You are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your account. Try not to reuse your account password on third-party applications. If you learn of any unauthorized use of your password or account, please contact us through our contact form.
You can request termination of your account at any time and without indicating a reason. Your ICCO Membership will also end with the termination. Upon termination, the ICCO is responsible for clearing/pseudonymization your user data from our website.
Our automated systems may analyze your profile, activities and website usage to provide you with personalized content suggestions.
Privacy and Copyright Protection
Using our services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our services or the content you access. You may not use content from our services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our services. Do not remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our services.
Our website and the information contained and referenced therein are for informational purposes only. Unless stated to the contrary any reproduction, retransmission or other use is strictly prohibited. To request for permission to reproduce any information contained on our website, please use our contact form.
We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat infringers. If you think somebody is violating your copyrights and want to notify us, please use our contact form.
Your Content in our Services
Some of our services allow you to upload, submit, store, send or receive content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.
The only exception to this rule is submissions you make to the discussion forums. Should you decide to terminate your account and have your data anonymized, the content you posted on the forum will remain to maintain the integrity of the discussions.
Users are given the option to submit clinical content (clinical videos, case reports) for review and official inclusion. Upon acceptance of such clinical content, the content author grants the ICCO the non-exclusive rights of adding and using the content as part of the official content library and to charge other users for its access. The clinical content will be published under the authorship of the user who provided it and the user will be remunerated for the content based on a separate agreement. This license continues even if you stop using our services. Make sure you have the necessary rights to grant us this license for any content that you submit to our services.
Anonymization of Patient Data
All diagnostic and clinical data (e.g. texts, images, videos) uploaded or submitted to our website are voluntary and shall not include personal information relating to patients that is not anonymous, unless documented informed consent has previously been obtained from the patient (any recipient of health care services).
In no event shall the ICCO, its employees or associates be liable to any person or individual for any loss or damage that may arise from Patient Data being uploaded that is not anonymous.
Modifying and Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a service altogether. You can stop using our services at any time. We may also stop providing services to you or add or create new limits to our services at any time. We will then notify you by e-mail or the next time you attempt to access your account.
Our Warranties and Disclaimers
Our website and the content provided through it are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The ICCO disclaims to the fullest extent permissible by law, and you waive, all warranties of any kind.
The functions, materials and content of our website are not warranted to be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, and the ICCO makes no warranty that the information on our website will be accurate, current or reliable or that the quality of any products, services, information or other material purchased or obtained by you through the website will meet your expectations.
The ICCO disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, misdelivery, or untimely delivery of any information or material.
You assume the entire risk of loss and damage due to your use of our website, including but not limited to the cost of repairs or corrections to your hardware or software. We shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access, use or inability to use our website or any website linked to from our website, or any errors or omissions in the content thereof.
Liability for our Services
In no event shall the ICCO, its employees, associates or members, or any user/expert of this site, be liable to any person or individual for any loss or damage whatsoever that may arise from the use of our website or any of the information available on this site. Users agree to indemnify the ICCO and keep it indemnified from and against all costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, legal and other professional fees and expenses), losses, damages and other liabilities. If you are using our services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms.
About these Terms